New baby creatures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New baby creatures

Post by seaponygirl on Wed May 23, 2012 8:51 am

I'm so excited. Just this week I have found 3 new teeny tubeworms in different places. My grey and white tubeworm "died", but came back a week later. The brown and white one is doing the same. Anyway I love tubeworms. The most exciting was a tiny starfish climbing the glass. It looked to be brown peaks on the back. Haven't seen it since, just hidden somewhere. I never bought it, must have come in on a coral rock. When I had put that zoa encrusted rock in my tank I had seen a hair fine red starfish shape drop off. Also a bubble white growth in the underside of an arch. Probably a sponge. New surprises every day!

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Number of posts: 407

Back to top Go down

Re: New baby creatures

Post by GoingPostal on Wed May 23, 2012 6:16 pm

And it never ends! I've had tanks 7+ years and every now and then do a "what the hell is that!". lol!

GoingPostal
Mod
Mod

Number of posts: 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl on Thu May 24, 2012 11:59 am

Another baby starfish last night. This one was the size of split pea, also a few more tube worms. So much fun. Love it.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl on Sat May 26, 2012 10:31 am

Hey, I think someone is sneaking into my house and dropping stuff in my tank. Yesterday I found a very small anenome! It has the long thin tentacles, they vary from white to clear/tan. I rotated his rock to face the front by this morning he'd moved back to the side. I hope he'll eventually be a home for my clownfish. Crazy eh?

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

Post by blennieluvr on Sat May 26, 2012 5:23 pm

Do you know for sure it's not aptasia? If it is and you don't know how to zap it, I'll come over some time and show you how.

Here's an article about them. http://www.nano-reef.com/articles/?article=16

blennieluvr
Admin
Admin

Number of posts: 2723

Back to top Go down

Post by seaponygirl on Tue May 29, 2012 9:19 am

Thanks for the article on aptasia. The pictures do not look like the anemone I found, they look exactly like it. It is on a small rock. It has a small "Kenya tree" on it. Could I just move the tree, pour boiling water on it, and let it dry out? It's kind of a pretty rock, so I could just sacrifice it. Darn, I was kind of hoping for an anemone.

seaponygirl
Lion Fish
Lion Fish

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top